Is your 3 minutes worth $5000? Find out by capturing the essence of Tassie on film!
The Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air
(BOFA) Film Festival
2012 “Essence of Tasmania”
Short Film Competition
Tourism Tasmania is sponsoring 4 x AUD5, 000 prizes to filmmakers who can capture the essence of Tasmania.
Do you have the creative flair to capture the essence of Tasmania in less than three minutes?
Engage and inspire others to explore Tasmania and pick up AUD5, 000 for your troubles.
Tourism Tasmania believes that short film is the perfect medium to showcase all that is brilliant about Tassie; from its natural beauty to the characters that dwell here. This is not about making a television commercial; this is about telling Tasmania’s story in your way. Be as creative as you wish. You might see Tasmania through the eyes of a visitor, follow the path of your convict ancestors, tell an evocative tale, or take a quirky approach.
Your film could be used to promote Tasmania to the world in various forms of communication including social media.
The Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air (BOFA) Film Festival, Australia’s newest and freshest film festival in conjunction with Tourism Tasmania invites you to capture the “Essence of Tasmania” in a short film in English or subtitled, shot in high definition and no longer than 3 minutes in any of the following genres:
- humour (comedy);
- grand adventure;
Tell us a story, with a beginning, middle and end. It may be quirky; unique; distinctive; imaginative; unforgettable; breathtaking; funny; sad; evocative; exciting; or simply beautiful. The context for your film is Tasmania; but the context does not necessitate footage shot in Tasmania. Entry is open to anyone anywhere in the world who satisfy the other eligibility criteria.
FREE USE OF AUDIO NETWORK PRODUCTION MUSIC
As an Essence of Tasmania entrant, this gives you access to over 43,000 high quality tracks, produced by some of the world’s leading composers in film and television and it’s free! Click here to apply for the free access.
NOTE: Following enquiries made directly regarding the terms and conditions of the competition, BOFA provides the following additional information to entrants:
- - The promoter of this Competition is BOFA, and BOFA is responsible for judging and contacting winners. Your film could be used to promote Tasmanian to the world in variousforms of communication including social media. Your film could be screened at the 2012 Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air Film Festival.
- - Your Film as defined in the terms and conditions is Your Film in its entirety
- - Your Film will not be distorted or modified and will be only be reproduced as entered in accordance with your moral rights as the creator of the Film
- - The Promoter and the Sponsor may assign or sub-licence the Rights in whole or in part to any third party for the sole purpose of promoting Tasmania to the world.
- - Winners will be awarded by presentation of a cheque of AUD $5,000 in the name of the winning entrant
For assistance with location and facilities advice and crewing please contact Jane Stapleton at Screen Tasmania – Jane.Stapleton@screen.tas.gov.au : 03 6233 5904 or
Owen Tilbury – Festival Director, Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air Film Festival : 0407 501 287
Important: Changed lodgement requirements:
Entrants are advised to disregard 3.2 and 3.3 in the following Terms and Conditions, as entries are not able to be lodged via withoutabox. The Terms and Conditions have not changed, but the process for lodging your entry has been changed.
Instead, entries must be lodged via www.dropbox.com to email@example.com. You must submit Your Film in high definition format ( H.264 QuickTime file – 16:9) and the fully competed entry form found at 2012 Entry Form. Receipt of the quicktime file and completed entry form is necessary for a valid entry.